6 BAR CART ESSENTIALS TO GET YOU GOING
1. Start with pretty bottles!
2. Add some cute glassware
3. Swizzle and stir!
4. Add some flair with florals (or art!)
A cart only gets prettier when you add a bouquet of fresh flowers or show off some personality in a piece of art! While you won't see it on every cart, it definitely ups the ante, and we're allll about that. Pick flowers in the same color scheme as your beverages, or add a picture frame of art directly on the cart or wall behind. We love the splash of color these items bring!
One bouquet is nice, two takes this cart by Style Me Pretty to the next level! We love the double bouquet action that adds instant femininity!
5. Nibbles and such
If you realllly want to go the extra mile (and why wouldn't you), then you'll def want to add a few little nibbles and snacks to your cart. Of course you can always do the very sophisticated olives and cheese (mmm, yes) but if you've got a sweet tooth like we do, then you're gonna wanna add something that can be eye candy too!
6. Let's accessorize
Can a cart have accessories? Oh, we believe they can and should! Anything can be an accessory- from a really pretty ice bucket to swanky mixology tools, think of them like the jewelry of a cart. Keep it in the same scheme and it's like you've just added diamond earrings. You look lovely, dahling.
THESE ARE A FEW OF OUR FAVORITE THINGS!
By now it should be no surprise...we kinda have a thing for bar carts and all the elements that come with them! Really. But we've managed to pull together some of our top favorite bar carts AND accessories to go with them. Take a look, the variety is real!
Our Top 10 Fav Bar Carts!
1. We're starting with the one we originally fell in love with (and own)! This golden goddess has held its own through parties, photoshoots, spills and dings. We still love its classiness and highly recommend! Get it at West Elm!
3. Live with a boy? Then this might make the best compromise! It's got sleek legs and even a towel holder- swoon. Heck even if you live alone, this just might be the one! Thanks World Market, you've done it again!
8. Juuust when we thought bar carts couldn't get any sleeker, this guy shows up. I mean it almost looks like it'll have an accent, amiright?! Grab it over at Frontgate if you're reaaallly feeling boujee...
10. Make a clean getaway with all the booze! jk But the wheels on this beaut do make it easy to get from room to room. Bar Cart service anyone?
Our Top 10 Fav Accessories!
2. Chances are if you're pulling out your bar cart you're having a festivity of some sort. This Confetti Cocktail Shaker is the cutest addition to keep things fun and festive! We love it so much we've sold it before! KailoChic has got you covered!
3. Maybe you've grown out of just eyeballing the amount of liquor you throw in your drinks (mmm,maybe not). Well, if you haven't these Ombre Shot Glasses might do the trick! (Duckie not included, sigh)
9. Sometimes that last little details comes down to something a simple as cute napkins! Finish out your cart with napkins like these from Read Between The Lines because the devil really is in the details.
10. Finally we've got the prettiest and classiest tool around- this gold corkscrew. If you need any tools, it's definitely this one. Add it to your cart or even gift it- it's worth its weight in gold!
3 EASY STYLE TIPS
When it comes to decking out your bar cart for any occasion, the possibilities are truly endless. But sometimes that can make getting started even more of a challenge! We wanted to help simplify the process to get you started with some tips we’ve come across while on our very own cart styling mission.
1. Choose quality
When stocking your bar cart for a cocktail party, less can truly be more. Our go-to basics are to choose 3 basic spirits or liquors, then add more from there. Choose from a vodka, bourbon, whiskey, tequila, rum, or gin. Make sure to choose your favorites in addition to thinking of guests! And if you want to dive deeper into stocking a bar cart (even on a budget!) check out this post from A Beautiful Mess.
2. Play with levels
3. Get Festive
Decorating your cart can be as simple as adding a small bouquet of fresh flowers or as wild as garlands and glam. Don’t be afraid to just have fun and enjoy the process. Authenticity is what always shines the brightest. That being said, use your fresh fruit mixers as a piece of flair, by displaying them in a cute bowl or drape some tinsel and swag off your cart. We love how Kailo Chic Life took it to the max with their colorful party cart styling! It goes to show, just have fun with it and the rest will come naturally!
DID SOMEONE SAY COCKTAIL HOUR?!
But wait, there's more!
Try these other amazing recipes that are almost too pretty to drink! (almost...)
LET'S GO SHOPPING!
Feeling ready to get your cart together? Awesome, we've got you covered! Check out all the awesome goodies below and go crazy!